When there's a will, is there really a way?
I have a question, and I promise I'm being sincere. This is not meant to be sarcastic or condescending in any way, but a genuine curiosity.As I've posted before, I believe in God, but I do not belong to a particular religion nor attend church. And as far as anyone else is concerned, to each their own.
For some reason as of late, I've read quite a few phrases about events being part of "God's plan" or "God's Will." And if you subscribe to this theory, then I'm wondering what is the point of praying for things for a particular result?
By that I mean, that someone heals from his/her illness, that people find the strength to endure whatever they're going through, etc. Because if everything that happens is according to God's plan or will, then isn't the outcome already determined?
I asked a friend of mine this question, and she attends church regularly and even majored in theology for undergrad. She said that she prays to open a dialogue with God, but she does not ask for specific "requests," though she acknowledged that many do.
She then asked me how I would answer that, and I responded that it seems that people pray for things to maintain a sense of hope, though it does seem to be more of a placebo (again, if one believes in the overall "plan" theory).
Your turn.


<< Home