Tuesday, June 28, 2005

One of the things I find so fascinating about reading various blogs is that sometimes I come across something that just makes me pull my hand off the mouse, tilt my head and think.

This happened when I hit
Jonathan’s site the other day, who is a writer ranging from poetry to articles in various magazines. He was describing a dream he had the other day where his female counterpart said:

"My soul is thirsty, will you bring me some water please."

And I just ate it up. Or, should I say drank it up?

Bad puns aside, I’ll be the first to admit that I often neglect that part of myself because of obligations, responsibilities and work. I wind up feeling tired, mentally-drained and then become more irritated at stupid things that I might be able to shrug off another day.

I’m in this mode now.

So, to get past it, here are some things to remind me of how to quench my thirst:

Watching my dog get so excited to go for a walk that he does a vertical corkscrew flip.
Having a client bring me a dozen red roses (my fave) and an apple pie to thank me.
Cool bedsheets when I crawl in for the night.
People who can listen without judgment.
The smell as rain is about to pour.
My niece running up to give me a hug, squealing my name (as if I really am cool).
Bloggers who say they want to meet me if I’m ever in their city.
Dimples.
Sun rays piercing through the clouds over the mountain as the sun sets.
Watching Gob do his magician act to “The Final Countdown” theme.
People who say “supposedly” instead of the incorrect “supposably.”
Those who wave or “hang loose” when you let them in the traffic lane.
The possibility of going to Europe in the next six months.
Living within driving distance from my sister for the first time in 13 years.
Someone who postpones what they have to do because I needed to talk.

And, what will YOU be having?